Friday, November 18, 2016

From balmy to blustery

Can blizzard be far behind?!

Last year's first snow

Yesterday the high here was 74, almost 30 degrees higher than normal.  Today the North Pole is sending us a wind postcard.  When we woke it was 64 and calm, just a few hours later, the wind is howling.  Forecasters are using words like blizzard.

Sadly, for me, the blizzard, this icy kiss from the North, is missing us.


Prince Charming couldn't be happier about dodging this storm.  But if we're going to have wind and cold, I want snow too.

Ice covered windows

I love big weather.

“For many years I was self-appointed inspector of snow-storms and rain-storms, and did my duty faithfully..."--Henry David Thoreau


Though I have to admit this fall with its 


warm, 


dry days 


has been delightful!


It's good to remember that change is the only constant. It's good to open our arms and hearts to the rush of the north wind, the plunging thermostat. There's no cure for cold or hot.  When I'm irritated by things as they are, I'm the one who must change.

"There is a great deal of unmapped country within us which would have to be taken into account in an explanation of our gusts and storms."--George Eliot


Wishing you peace and love in the life that you are in right at this moment whether hot or cold or just right, dear one.

No comments :

Post a Comment