Thursday, October 8, 2015

Notes

The art of letter writing is almost dead.  I can't recall the last letter I received.  My good friend Dixie who lives in Ohio used to send me letters, but now sends me nice long emails instead.  

I'm part of the problem. I almost never, as my far-away friends can attest, send a note, a card, a letter, even crafting an email is a chore I postpone.

Like many of the fine things in life, what I love to receive, I'm often stingy on giving.

And then Megan moved across the street.  Almost weekly I receive 


a lovely, hand-written note from Megan.


Look at the lovely detail of real flowers, (they were very prettily sitting on this wicker table when I arrived home one day--the flowers were fresh that day) the masking taped "Thanks".  Megan can make even standard stock envelopes clever, homey and fresh.

I've never received a note on the same stationary, or card stock.  


She even sealed one of the envelopes with a wax seal with her last name initialed into the seal.

Living next door to Megan, I've learned to expect the unexpected, like this lovely invitation


to a picnic.  A knife and fork, simple, and perfect....oh and the picnic on the banks of the lovely Cedar River was divine.

After dispensing some gardening advice, I received this 


lovely thank you note


With a proposed design for an address and sign for the front of our property.  As you can probably tell "Our" Megan is a lovely designer at Select Cabinetry and Design  www.selectcd.com. I adore living across the street from such a clever and generous woman.

Until, I walked onto my porch and discovered another Megan "note"


Note the clever screw holding the note to.....what is it you may ask?!


A giant puffball mushroom.  According to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puffball as long as it's not the stemmed kind, it's safe to eat. Megan may be taking cleverness too far?!


This thing is big enough to feed an army (note paper plate and coffee cup for scale.)  Prince Charming says he's having no part in this experiment.  Tune in again next week to see how the cooking of the monster puffball turns out!

No comments :

Post a Comment